Wednesday 17 June 2009

Close GBP/USD Long @ 1.6440 10/06/09 08:03

P&L : -32

I'm really worried. I have no plan. What am I trying to achieve? I just read the "The Turtle Way" and I have to face facts that the only plan I have is :

1) instrument is on an uptrend I use stochatics to buy in, hourly is best as daily may show
2) If daily and hourly stochastics combine, ie my recent sell of gold was a good example when RSI/daily stochastics/hourly stochatics showed the price had reached the top of it's range
3) The occasional deal on a whim - US Crude at 66.8 was an example because I just felt it was an opportunity to get in on the trend.

I don't do any backtesting apart from a bit of chart observation. Has my success just been luck? The one reason for my recent gains have been are that I have avoided trying to trade against the trend, ie to trade reversals without all the indicators showing.

PS Never buy into an hourly stochatic that is half way up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.