Thursday 3 June 2010

A bit of silliness

After a really wonderful day yesterday I did a bit of a stupid short in the belief I could read the market - how foolish. I must get the demo account up and running so that if this urge overcomes me I can fire up the demo account and see how it pans out. At least I only lost 27

Also wrestled with my myself today to overcome the terrible urge to rebuy at about 10300. In fact I did but sensibly after poring over the stochastics and RSI and everything screaming at me that the market was overbought I eventually closed for -9. I mean I really struggled, I was petrified when the market moved overnight that I would miss the possibility of a substantial rally. I was correct though as it crawled to about 10320 before dropping fairly quickly to touch 10170

So I lost -36 overall but it could have been much worse

A long chance did show itself at approx 10190 but I already had some exposure (long 10235) so decided against adding to position plus I was at work and need to spend as little time as possible in the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.